Delivering the highest standards in product quality and safetyIts commitment to substantial investment in R&D ensures that its advanced optical sorting technology produces excellent results in removing even the most challenging of defects.
Setting the standards in product quality and safety
- The Bühler optical sorting solutions deliver high efficiency in the removal of subtle colour and defective coffee beans, including broca (insect damaged), discoloured, immature, under/over roasted beans, to achieve optimum roast and ground quality.
- Excellent results can be achieved in removing even the most challenging defects such as stones, metal, sticks, glass and other foreign material, to maximize safety.
Maximising value and yield
- Precise optical sorting achieves uniform appearance and added value.
- A range of advanced custom-built technologies ensure the selection of the highest quality of coffee beans. These include
- LED and broad spectrum lighting
- High resolution visible mono, bichromatic cameras and trichromatic sensors
InGaAs (SWIR) and PROfile technology
- Industry-leading optical and ejector technology minimizes the false ejection of the good beans.
- Simultaneous resort option allows the recovery of good product from the reject stream.
Consistent performance and stability
- Consistent performance and a reliable operation with automatic calibration whilst maintaining a clean optical viewing area.
- Maximum stability with the Climate Control System option, by maintaining a constant temperature in the optical and control cabinets in the extreme ambient temperature ranges.
Multiple, configurable machine options
- Modular design options available up to four sizes to suit processors with capacity requirements ranging from 0.5-15 tons/hour.
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI) enables fast product changeovers and covers a wide range of pre-stored product modes.
Increased productivity and lower operational costs
- Assisted by the Anyware remote connection, Bühler engineers can respond quickly in support of SORTEX sorters maximizing uptime, further enhancing productivity.
- Lower power consumption and air requirements reduce operational costs.