Aquafeed Dryers and Coolers
Focused on uniformity, sanitation and operating efficiency.Bühler has been the top innovator within the salmon food industry since the installation of the first sequential zoned dryers in the early 1990s. Today, manufacturers of feeds for catfish, salmon and other fish continue to rely on AeroDry conveyor dryers for efficient production of a variety of aquafeeds.
The AeroDry Single-Pass Conveyor Dryer is available in a sequential heat zone configuration. This design allows full manipulation of the drying curve to protect heat sensitive ingredients often found in aquafeed products. Numerous two-pass and three-pass sequential zone dryers are in operation around the world.
Clean processing and food safety are critical concerns for aquafeed processors. All Bühler dryers incorporate unique customer requirements for sanitation and cleaning, some of which include:
- Full interior access for inspection, cleaning and maintenance
- Elimination of debris collection points with slab floors, sloped surfaces, and advanced chain and conveying options
- Increased insulation and moisture prevention with sanitation-focused exterior doors
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) systems
- Water collection floor trough
- Elimination of grease and oil from the food area with external conveyor drives and bearings
AeroPro Advanced Dryer Controls
Enhanced production and operating efficiencies are achieved through implementation of AeroPro controls. The complete system includes Evaporation and Humidity Control modules, as well as Energy Performance Monitoring and Product Tracking.