High-Performance Extruder POLYtwin™High operational dependability thanks to a robust, fully automatic screw ejection unit.
- Thanks to an ejection unit developed and patented by Bühler, even strongly seized screws can be ejected – eliminating the need to disassemble the machine.
- With a touch of the corresponding touch-screen button, ejection of the pair of screws is carried out within a very short time.
- Thanks to this refined technology, the risk of damages to the screw elements is reduced to a minimum.
Optimized productivity thanks to a highly flexible cutter.
- The twin-screw extruder POLYtwinTM emphasizes flexibility – as in the case of the laterally movable cutter.
- Because the cutter can be adjusted during operation, a consistently high quality of the end product is guaranteed. Unwanted deformation is avoided.
- Changing the knife heads can also be done quickly and without interrupting production. In this way, production flow can be optimized.
Modular design for variable use.
- The innovative design of the housing according to the "shell principle" offers special advantages: the housing excels through its mechanical stability, resistance to wear and highly efficient tempering.
- The relationship of housing length to screw diameter is 4 independent of model size. The modular process component can be easily adapted to higher capacities and different processes.
- The maintenance costs of the POLYtwinTM are minimized: The interior casing is extremely resistant to wear. If replacement is necessary, it can be easily changed.
State-of-the-art technology for reliable process control.
- In order to guarantee an end product of consistent quality, the twin-screw extruder POLYtwinTM is equipped with an intelligent recipe memory. This offers two significant benefits: the susceptibility to process errors decreases, and production can be quickly adapted to other recipes.
- Predefined start-up and shut-down sequences optimize the starting and shutting down of the machine. Virtually no raw material is wasted, and the production process speeds up considerably.
- A intuitive touch-screen mounted directly on the machine provides additional advantages: it can be used to make fine adjustments, and the effects of the changed settings can be seen and understood immediately.