LEYBOLD OPTICS FLC 650Outstanding productivity thanks to a highly versatile and flexible system
- The high productivity of the LEYBOLD OPTICS FLC 650 results directly from its having up to six high-rate rotatable magnetrons, a maximum coating width of 650 mm and a possible substrate roll diameter of 500 mm.
- The magnetrons, mounted on a movable chamber flange, in combination with the optional gas separation between neighboring process sections, makes the LEYBOLD OPTICS FLC 650 system very versatile and able to deposit a huge variety of conceivable layer stacks in one pass.
- In addition to the ability to run reactive next to non-reactive sputter processes, the LEYBOLD OPTICS FLC 650 can be equipped with various in-situ sensors.
Consistently brilliant end product quality thanks to intelligent machine concept
- The “sputter up” orientation of the magnetrons and the rotatable cathodes themselves ensure the lowest possible particle generation, which in return results in perfect layer properties.
- The closed-loop tension control (25 … 600 N) in combination with the various winding system options and roller surface refinements guarantee a scratch- and wrinkle-free winding of the respective substrate. If needed, the optional plasma pre-treatment assures a perfect layer adhesion, while the temperature-controlled coating drum (-15 … +80 °C) keeps the substrate in perfect condition during the deposition process.
- Finally, the available in-situ sensors allow continuous and accurate monitoring of the desired physical layer properties, such as layer resistivity, reflectance or transmittance.
Easy maintenance and high machine uptimes thanks to a smart and robust design
- The robust and smart design of the LEYBOLD OPTICS FLC 650 keeps maintenance to a minimum, with all serviceable parts easily accessible and simple to maintain, ensuring a high machine uptime.
- The likelihood of particle generation is reduced to a minimum by the easy and outstanding accessibility of the machine for cleaning and maintenance purposes.
- Key components such as the magnetrons, power supplies and the vacuum pump set are designed for continuous three-shift machine operation. These features enable the system to handle production volumes from several hundred thousand up to some million square meters of substrate a year, depending on the layer stack and properties.
Minimum floor space requirements thanks to compact design
The LEYBOLD OPTICS FLC 650 all-in-one chamber design makes it very compact and easy-to-handle, which allows a fast and uncomplicated installation or relocation. The system occupies only a minimum of facility floor space (approx. 70 m² in total).