Delivering high standards of product qualityThe SORTEX optical sorters are equipped with the latest in technological advances; custom-built, high definition cameras, shape detection and high speed ejectors, typical and challenging defects are effectively removed, leaving a high quality finished product.
Setting new standards of quality and safety
- Bühler’s optical sorting solutions deliver high efficiency in the removal of lighter coloured leaves, stalks, sticks and fibres to achieve optimum quality.
- Excellent results are produced with InGaAs (SWIR) technology to remove even the most challenging foreign materials; plastics, metal, glass, sticks and stones to maximize safety.
- PROfile (shape) technology excels in the removal of similar tea colour, longer stalks and sticks.
Delivering the highest capacity solutions and production volume
- The SORTEX range has a capacity of up to three tones per hour on tea flakes, using a single sorting unit.
Maximising value and yield
- Precise optical sorting achieves uniformed product consistency, increasing the product value.
- Equipped with leading optical and ejector technology, minimises false ejection of good product.
- Simultaneous resort option allows recovery of good product from the reject stream.
Multiple, configurable machine options
- Modular design option of up to five sizes with capacity ranging from 0.3 – 3.0 tonnes is available to suit processing requirements.
- The graphical user interface (GUI) enables fast product changeovers and covers a wide range of pre-stored product modes.
Increased productivity and lower operational costs
- Assisted by the Anyware remote connection, Bühler engineers can respond quickly in support of a machine, maximizing up-time and further enhancing productivity.
- Lower power consumption, reduces operational costs.