Agricultural Seed Sorting
Partner for solutions. Increasing profitability.Bühler’s optical sorters sorts a variety of seeds; corn seeds, soya seeds, carrots, onions and grass seeds, producing excellent results and removing even the most challenging of defects and foreign material.
Maximising germination and enhancing the appearance in seed lots
- Advanced custom-built technology – visible cameras, high resolution InGaAs technology, unique PROfile technology (with the possibility of combining colour and shape) – ensures the selection of the highest quality seed.
- SORTEX optical sorters will improve the appearance in seed lots by ensuring the seed is homogeneous in size, shape and colour.
- The Bühler optical sorting solutions deliver a high efficiency in the removal of visual defects such as diseased seeds, insect damaged seeds, misshapen seeds, brokens, foreign material and unwanted seed types.
- Excellent results can also be achieved in removing even the most challenging of seed defects, e.g. defects the same colour as product.
- Efficiency is further maximised by reducing cross contamination of seeds.
- Careful handling of the seed also improves the overall levels of germination.
Improving the yield
- The high precision ejection system minimises false rejects of good seed, delivering a very highly-concentrated reject stream.
- Due to minimal loss of good seeds on first pass, most seed applications do not require a re-sort; however a re-sort option is available if necessary.
- SORTEX optical sorters deliver a stable and reliable operation with automatic calibration and wiping.
- On certain models within the SORTEX range, the Climate Control System is provided to maintain a stable temperature inside the optical and electronic cabinets, enabling the optical sorters to operate successfully in extremes of ambient temperature.
Increased productivity and lower operational costs
- SORTEX optical sorting can improve on the performance of mechanical cleaners and manual operations, delivering better output with lower overall costs.
- The efficiency of a SORTEX machine will minimise the factory floor footprint, in comparison with larger mechanical cleaners.
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI) enables fast product changeovers and covers a wide range of user defined modes.
- Assisted by the Anyware remote connection, Bühler engineers can respond quickly in support of a machine, maximising up-time and further enhancing productivity.
Multiple, configurable machine options
- The SORTEX optical sorter can easily be switched between modes, programmed to sort different variants of agricultural seeds and is capable of simultaneously rejecting grossly-visible defects, subtly-visible defects, same-colour defects and shape defects.
- Technological offerings include true bichromatic cameras which deliver an “all-in-one” sorting solution for all defects and foreign material, making it unnecessary to switch filters to target different defect types.
- With its modular design, the SORTEX range can handle multiple capacities. While a single module can be used to run small batch samples for lab analysis, as low as 10kg batches on vegetable seeds, a multi-module machine can handle an industrial throughput of up to 20 tonnes/hour on corn seeds.
- A SORTEX machine can easily be configured to operate in one of many languages.