HELIOS seriesOutstanding productivity and layer quality
- The state-of-the-art technology of plasma-assisted reactive magnetron sputtering (PARMS) allows the deposition of dielectric coatings from metal targets, assisted by a radio frequency (RF) plasma source with a high deposition rate for high productivity which results in top grade products with high precision at atomic scale and high yield.
- During each rotation, a thin sub-stoichiometric oxide layer is deposited by the selected dual magnetron and transferred to a non-absorbing oxide layer while passing the oxygen plasma of the RF source. This method ensures lowest losses and perfect stoichiometry results – even when sputtering from metal targets.
Optical monitoring facilitates high production stability
- Direct on-substrate in-situ optical monitoring is performed on an intermittent mode using a test glass at one of the substrate positions within the rotating turntable. This results in extremely high production stability and repeatability of the coating.
- The fast rotating turntable allows the production of very thin layers of a few nanometers and high accuracy.
- The ability to directly and quickly transfer the optical designs to production makes the HELIOS series the perfect match for high precision production for a large variety of filter designs.
Co-sputtering ensures realization of intermediate refractive indices
Co-sputtering enables the realization of any refractive index between the installed high and low index materials. Additionally, easier designs can be made for a number of applications, such as polarizing beam splitters, by using one or more optimum intermediate indices.
Benchmark setting laser damage thresholds for laser coatings
RF sputtering of low index SiO2 material combined with MF sputtering of high index material allows for the highest laser damage threshold values for laser coatings, low scattering and high reflectivity. A further illustration of how HELIOS coaters by Bühler Leybold Optics are setting the benchmark in laser coating performance.