With an emphasis on machine and process technology, this alternative protein workshop consists of theoretical lessons followed by practical demonstrations in Bühler's newly installed extrusion pilot plant.
The program includes:
· Future of Food / Next generation of proteins
· Extrusion basics
· Plant-based protein solutions from bean to burger
· Wet textured meat analogs
· Dry textured meat analogs
· High protein crispies
· Laboratory demonstrations
· Flavoring meat analogs
· Presentation of standard methods as applied in the food industry including visit/demonstration and analysis in Bühler's Central Analytics Laboratory
Between the lectures, there will be live demonstrations of various extruded products in Bühler's newly installed extrusion pilot plant.