Petfood Dryers and Coolers
Precision drying technology for top quality dog and cat foods.Since its first two-pass petfood dryer installation in 1963, Bühler has continued a path of unmatched performance for drying and cooling in the petfood industry. Today's petfood processors demand moisture uniformity, sanitation, efficiency, and reliability when drying dog food, cat food, and pet treats. Bühler offers custom drying and cooling solutions with these critical elements in mind.
Bühler's multi-pass, dual plenum AeroDry conveyor dryers for petfood feature engineered airflow control throughout the recirculation loop. This unique design provides uniform airflow temperature and velocity distribution across the product bed. An additional benefit is integrated fines management and collection, resulting in safer operation and increased uptime.
AeroDry is available in a sequential zone configuration for optimum temperature control. This system maximizes production per square foot of floor space, while still protecting the product from excessive temperatures. Sequentially zoned dryers are ideal for temperature sensitive petfood ingredients.
Clean processing and food safety are critical concerns for petfood processors. All Bühler dryers incorporate unique customer requirements for sanitation and cleaning, some of which include:
- Full interior access for inspection, cleaning and maintenance
- Elimination of debris collection points with slab floors, sloped surfaces, and advanced chain and conveying options
- Increased insulation and moisture prevention with sanitation-focused exterior doors
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) systems
- Water collection floor trough
- Elimination of grease and oil from the food area with external conveyor drives and bearings
AeroPro Advanced Dryer Controls
Enhanced production and operating efficiencies are achieved through implementation of AeroPro controls. The complete system includes Evaporation and Humidity Control modules, as well as Energy Performance Monitoring and Product Tracking.