Increasing profitabilityWith over 20,000 SORTEX installations in 140 countries worldwide, commitment to substantial investment in R&D ensures that its advanced optical sorting technology produces excellent results in removing even the most challenging of nut defects and foreign material.
Setting new standards of safety and hygiene
- The SORTEX range delivers high efficiency in the removal of defective nuts; rotten, decayed, discoloured, insect damaged and mouldy nuts.
- Excellent results in removing even the most challenging defects such as shell, hull, membrane, stones, mud balls, sticks, glass and other foreign materials.
- Reduction of aflatoxin levels through the efficient removal of defects known to carry the Fungus Aspergillus Flavus
- An open design and stainless steel construction is available in the SORTEX E series, allowing hygienic operation and easy cleaning.
Maximising the value and yield
- Precise colour detection and size grading achieves uniform appearance and added value.
- A combination of advanced custom-built technologies; broad spectrum lighting, high resolution visible cameras, InGaAs (SWIR) and PROfile technology, ensures the selection of the highest quality of nut products.
- State of the art ejector technology minimises the false ejection of good nuts.
- Gentle product handling design minimises damage to good product.
- Simultaneous resort option allows the recovery of good product from the reject stream.
- Reverse sorting capability allows extensive recovery of good product from the reject with over 50% contamination level.
Consistent performance and stability
- Consistent performance and a reliable operation with automatic calibration and wiping, maintaining a clean optical viewing area.
- For maximum stability, the Climate Control System option maintains a constant temperature in key areas, for operation in extreme ambient temperature ranges.
Multiple, configurable machine options
- Modular design options make up to five sizes available, to suit processors with capacity requirements ranging from 0.5-14 tonnes/hour.
- A combination of advanced custom-built technologies allows the sorting of multiple size nuts, at various stages of the process, such as in-shell, natural, blanched, roasted, pieces.
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI) enables fast product changeovers and covers a wide range of pre-stored product modes.
Increased productivity and lower operational costs
- Assisted by the Anyware remote connection, SORTEX engineers can respond quickly in support of a machine, maximising uptime.
- Lower power consumption reduces operational costs.
- Solid-state optics, low-cost illumination devices and no requirement for inert gas purging.