Recycled & Virgin Plastic Sorting
Solutions tailored to suit your needsThe SORTEX range meets individual requirements and is suitable for small, medium and large-scale processing. It is able to sort a variety of plastics; PET flakes, HDPE flakes, uPVC window regrind (off-cuts and post consumer), WEEE/ELV residue (wire recovery), PVB, PP, ABS, PS and plastic pellets, as well as colour grouping to further maximise product value.
Ongoing commitment and investment in R&D, ensures that Bühler’s range of optical sorters produce excellent results for industries such as packaging, construction, Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), End-of-life vehicles (ELV) and petrochemical.
Increasing the quality of recycled and virgin plastics
- A combination of advanced, custom-built technologies, ensures the selection of the highest quality plastics. These technologies include breakthrough SORTEX PolyVision™ technology for effortless polymer removal, patent pending unique lighting system, high resolution visible cameras, InGaAs (SWIR - Short-Wave Infra-Red) and PROfile (shape).
- Bühler solutions maximise the value of your scrap plastics, by grouping mixed granules into their individual colours and by recovering valuable metals, separating wires from WEEE/ELV shred etc.
- Industry leading efficiency in the removal of same-in-colour polymer contaminants, unwanted colours, metals including ferrous and non-ferrous metals such as aluminium as well as other challenging foreign material (FM), resulting in the lowest ppm contamination levels.
Delivering the highest capacity solutions and production volume
- The SORTEX range has capacities of up to 6 t/h on PET flakes, 10 t/h on uPVC regrind and 12 t/h on plastic pellets - all from a single sorting unit.
- Delivering the highest quality plastics, resulting in minimal extruder filter changes - reducing operating costs thus lowering cost of ownership
- The industry-leading optical and ejector technology, along with simultaneous resort capabilities, minimises the loss of good plastics.
- - With dedicated and precise detection technologies for colour, polymer and foreign material removal, individual defect ejection is never compromised.
- The optional Climate Control System achieves maximum stability, by maintaining constant temperatures in crucial areas, across extreme ambient temperature ranges between 0˚C - 50˚C (32˚F - 122˚F).
- Delivers consistent performance, using automatic calibration and wiping of the optical viewing area.
Multiple, configurative machine options
- Bühler offers various machine configurations, to suit individual processing requirements ranging from 0.5 to 12.0 t/h.
- With the most flexible and versatile optical sorting portfolio in the industry, Bühler can supply truly dedicated solutions that target all of your major recycling concerns: colour, polymers, metals and foreign material contaminants.
- Combinations of advanced, custom-built technologies enable the sorting of many different types of plastics, including PET, HDPE, uPVC, WEEE/ELV and virgin pellet