Recycled & Virgin Plastic Sorting
Solutions tailored to suit your needsThe SORTEX range meets individual requirements and is suitable for small, medium and large-scale processing. It is able to sort a variety of plastics; PET flakes, HDPE flakes, uPVC window regrind (off-cuts and post consumer), WEEE/ELV residue (wire recovery), PVB, PP, ABS, PS and plastic pellets, as well as colour grouping to further maximise product value.
Ongoing commitment and investment in R&D, ensures that Bühler’s range of optical sorters produce excellent results for industries such as packaging, construction, Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), End-of-life vehicles (ELV) and petrochemical.
Increasing the quality of recycled and virgin plastics
- A combination of advanced, custom-built technologies, ensures the selection of the highest quality plastics. These technologies include broad-spectrum lighting, high resolution visible cameras, InGaAs (SWIR - Short-Wave Infra-Red) and PROfile (shape).
- Maximise the value of scrap plastics, by grouping mixed granules into their individual colours and by recovering valuable metals, separating wires from WEEE/ELV shred etc.
- High efficiency in the removal of unwanted colours, glued flakes and foreign material (FM), including wood, aluminium and other metals, as well as polymeric material, resulting in the lowest ppm contamination levels.
- InGaAs technology produces excellent results in the removal of more challenging defects, including white silicon, nylon and rubber from white uPVC regrind, multilayered HDPE flakes from single-layered, white rubber from white PS, metals including aluminium, from PET flakes etc.
Delivering the highest capacity solutions and production volume
- The SORTEX range has capacities of up to 6 t/h on PET flakes, 10 t/h on uPVC regrind and 12 t/h on plastic pellets - all from a single sorting unit.
- Delivers the highest quality plastics, resulting in minimal extruder filter changes, reduced operating costs, low cost of ownership and maximum up-time.
Maximising the yield
- The industry-leading optical and ejector technology, along with simultaneous resort capabilities, minimises the loss of good plastics.
- Modular design allows accurate individual colour grouping of mixed-colour plastics, further maximising the yield.
- The optional Climate Control System achieves maximum stability, by maintaining constant temperatures in crucial areas, across extreme ambient temperature ranges between 0˚C - 50˚C (32˚F - 122˚F).
- Delivers consistent performance, using automatic calibration and wiping of the optical viewing area.
Multiple, configurative machine options
- Modular design enables Bühler to offer up to five sizes of sorter, to suit processors with capacity requirements ranging from 0.5 to 12.0 t/h.
- Combinations of advanced, custom-built technologies enable the sorting of many different types of plastics, including PET, HDPE, uPVC, WEEE/ELV and virgin pellets.